WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Marathon Memorabilia: Bunnyman Files (Read 213445 times)
Reply #15 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 6:41pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

The third marathon. By this time I was convinced it was going to be a yearly event. The Welles is stressing tickets are on sale in advance and that the event would be in Cinema 1 AND 2. It sold out again on the day of the event and Night Flight 3 was added.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 6:53pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

The flyer for SF3 that was given out at the theater. Again it's the closest thing to a program we had even though there are no times on it.

Of course this one is remembered by marathon vets because of They Came From Within. At the showing in Cinema 1 it almost emptied the place with maybe 20-30 folks left when it ended. How upsetting was it? It was so upsetting that the Cinema 2 show was cancelled and replaced with the original Night Of The Living Dead which of course features graphic flesh eating zombie types.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 6:58pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

The first marathon with no survivor brunch. Not sure if the restaurant was gone by then or it just was too expensive. The dots on the ticket make me think one was planned originally though. This was also the first marathon to sell out before the day of the show, or at least early that day. I remember arriving to hear sold out announcements and was glad I bought my ticket early.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 7:34pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Earliest writeup/review I have of the marathon from The Boston Phoenix. Michael Sragow (who went on to Atlantic, The New Yorker and wrote a couple of books) does a good review of the event and even give the identity of the collector who was nice enough to show off his movie memoribilia at the event.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:45pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

My only surviving souvenir from SF4. Dedicated to legendary Red Sox pitcher Bill 'Spaceman' Lee who they set up a phone call to during the 'thon. True to his spacey nature he never answered the call.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:53pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

SF5 another one I lost most of my collection from. At the time computer printouts were rarely seen outside of businesses so doing the schedule on one was pretty futuristic. The first 'R' rated film shows up, well part of one at least as we got an excerpt from Invasion of The Bee Girls.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:08pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:53pm:
[img]

SF5 another one I lost most of my collection from. At the time computer printouts were rarely seen outside of businesses so doing the schedule on one was pretty futuristic. The first 'R' rated film shows up, well part of one at least as we got an excerpt from Invasion of The Bee Girls.   

Well the first "R" rated film showed up at SF 3, the already mentioned They Came From Within, which was Rated R.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #22 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:50pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Frank wrote on Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:08pm:
da_Bunnyman wrote on Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:53pm:
[img]

Well the first "R" rated film showed up at SF 3, the already mentioned They Came From Within, which was Rated R.

Good point, maybe I should have said first R rated film they were worried about because it was considered a sexy type R as opposed to violent.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:01pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Actually, ZARDOZ was rated R from the first Marathon.

T & A.

Not to mention this scary sight..........

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:11pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:03pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:01pm:
Actually, ZARDOZ was rated R from the first Marathon.

T & A.

Not to mention this scary sight..........

[img]

Good Lord it's like someone put a picture of James Bond and a Bond girl into a blender.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:24pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Scary is right.  Connery is using a Webley-Fosbery revolver chambered for .455 or .38 and is carrying a bandolier with rifle ammunition and no rifle in sight. When Zed expends the ammo in the Webley, he is in for a very scary time indeed.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #26 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 8:57pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

SF6 movie list and descriptions on OFFICIAL Orson Welles Cinema stationery. We get a fairly new film as Battle Beyond The Stars had been on screens the year before, plus Mad Max from 2 years back. The Day Mars Invaded Earth a film that will live in infamy at a later marathon.

IP Logged

Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 9:07pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

SF6 schedule. This may have been the first year Night Flight was scheduled right from the start. The marathon itself was a complete sell out again. If you were planning on switching cinemas you had to wait till after midnight when some folks would leave.

A real odd selection this year. I ended up seeing Battle Beyond The Stars twice. Hellstrom Chronicles was interesting but got booed when it was revealed Dr Hellstrom was just an actor.

IP Logged

Reply #28 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:11pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

SF7 schedule on a different Orson Welles Cinema stationery. Another early sell out with Night Flight added right from the start. After getting a tease of the film we get the entire Invasion of the Bee Girls. Slithis turns out to be really dull putting everyone to sleep, that is until the actor playing the local police chief comes on screen. This guy seems to mover EVERY muscle in his face with any word he says and those watching wake up their friends to see him.

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:23pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Jan 23rd, 2013 at 9:07pm:
[img]

SF6 schedule. This may have been the first year Night Flight was scheduled right from the start. The marathon itself was a complete sell out again. If you were planning on switching cinemas you had to wait till after midnight when some folks would leave.

A real odd selection this year. I ended up seeing Battle Beyond The Stars twice. Hellstrom Chronicles was interesting but got booed when it was revealed Dr Hellstrom was just an actor.

Once again Cinema 2 had problems.  Something went kaput with the 16mm projector and the order of films had to be changed and we waited and waited through a blank screen until the problem was resolved.  Unfortunately, we then got hit with a bunch of b/w films back to back and many fell asleep.  I was particularly bummed because it was my first go round with It! and I slept through most of it. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16