WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
What to bring to the 'thon (Read 37802 times)
Reply #30 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:39pm

sabman   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

Yeah I got that wrong. I was looking at the PDF document. But the ticket clearly says 12 to 12.

IP Logged

Reply #31 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:42pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

If you can't stay awake don't worry.  Some of the foks who claim that they never sleep still miss out on movies as they duck out of the theater to get a meal.  Don;t let anyone kid you that they are planeted for 24 hours watching every single second of film.  No they duck out to eat and gab in a similar fashions to Beckett, Lester and Lackey ducking out on part of the game to have a few beers anf fried chicken.... 

Also you don;t have to plan our meal as if you are some ascetic in pursuit of liberation.  Most people duck out and grab all manner of food and you know thay still have fun.

This is about fun.  It is most definitely NOT about survival.... YOu will come out one the other end just fine.....  It's just one big pajama party after all......

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #34 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:45pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

My turn
One of my faves, Corman must have liked it too, he used it 4-5 times in different films.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv3oGGzfSDE
Proof I don't hate ALL anime, one of the most beautiful animated films I have ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229K5n_PRJA
And lets finish up in a lighter mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSLdNos7q8

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #35 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 12:04pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #36 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:23pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

guys. how about a link to a playlist. if you don't know how to do it, find a teenager.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #37 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:33pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

And yet another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRywk3xmjBA
[url][/url]

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:40pm

Jon   Offline
MA

Frank wrote on Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:42pm:
If you can't stay awake don't worry.  Some of the foks who claim that they never sleep still miss out on movies as they duck out of the theater to get a meal.  Don't let anyone kid you .... 

You know, I was just saying that every so often I will be watching some fun piece of drek on the TV and suddenly I will realize that it looks familiar, though I don't remember ever seeing it before.  Wierd -- except then I remember that I have partially slept through any number of late-night/early-morning films at 'Thons over the years - and that explains it.  I do remember things from my "Zombie-sleep-watching" times, after all.  I would rather be strangely prescient, of course, but that is, alas, not the case....
So, if yo do nod off during some crucial so-bad-it's-worth-a-nap film, don't worry -- it'll be engraved on your subconscious, somehow, for all time. Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Jon wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:40pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:42pm:
If you can't stay awake don't worry.  Some of the foks who claim that they never sleep still miss out on movies as they duck out of the theater to get a meal.  Don't let anyone kid you .... 

You know, I was just saying that every so often I will be watching some fun piece of drek on the TV and suddenly I will realize that it looks familiar, though I don't remember ever seeing it before.  Wierd -- except then I remember that I have partially slept through any number of late-night/early-morning films at 'Thons over the years - and that explains it.  I do remember things from my "Zombie-sleep-watching" times, after all.  I would rather be strangely prescient, of course, but that is, alas, not the case....
So, if yo do nod off during some crucial so-bad-it's-worth-a-nap film, don't worry -- it'll be engraved on your subconscious, somehow, for all time. Undecided

The great Bruce Bartoo wrote of how the movies started to blend together in the wee hours so you would recall the following dialogue ...... "open the pod bay doors C3P0.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 3:08pm

Jon   Offline
MA

Yes.  Yes.. I remember ... a pod, lying on a pool table in some black-and-white suburban home ... if I could just recall the context. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:34pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Running way behind this year.  I am usually done by now stiffing the loot bags and getting the prizes and posters.  Well, I am about 80% done.  However, the loot bags are starting to get to me so the final 50 or so may have ramen noodles and other stuff that I have set aside for our local food pantry....or copies of the Metro or Stuff............ just kidding ...............

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 6:21pm

Metaluna   Offline

Frank wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:34pm:
Running way behind this year.  I am usually done by now stiffing the loot bags and getting the prizes and posters.  Well, I am about 80% done.  However, the loot bags are starting to get to me so the final 50 or so may have ramen noodles and other stuff that I have set aside for our local food pantry....or copies of the Metro or Stuff............ just kidding ............... 

If you get desperate you can pull the adult sections out of all the Phoenixs in the box outside the theater.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #43 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 6:41pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Metaluna wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 6:21pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:34pm:

If you get desperate you can pull the adult sections out of all the Phoenixs in the box outside the theater.

That bulbous Matalunan brain comes through again....... It's not just there for show folks.........

I like that maybe I can figure out some kind of contest deal with Ed......

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:26am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

anu3bis wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 8:42pm:
Haven't seen the topic yet, and I have a friend who will be making his first pilgrimage this year.

Can folks pipe up with their suggestions, plans, and lists?

Don't forget that everyone has a plan until that slow black and white film punches you in the brain at around 3AM

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3