WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
SF37 Films Official Reaction thread (Read 116572 times)
Reply #120 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:15pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I just thought you may have missed that we had shown it. It was a LONG time ago. Keep the posts coming.  Smiley  Smiley

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:45pm:
L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:48pm:
da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:07pm:
FRANKENSTEIN (1931)..... Never seen it on a big screen and have not seen it in years. If nothing else it'll make me get even more jokes next time I watch Young Frankenstein....

RE-ANIMATOR....... Bound to be fun with the marathoid crowd. Haven't seen it since the original release.

RE: FRANKENSTEIN - actually there isn't as much spoofed in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN from this, the 1932 original, as from BRIDE or SON.

RE: RE-ANIMATOR - Didn't you watch this at SF/16 in 1991 - some 5 years after it's "original release"?

Ut-oh somebody fell asleep or was out dining......

And you guys wonder why there ain't more people commenting here.
Looking back at the schedule I'd say most likely it was a late dinner that caused me to miss it.
It was preceded by Robojox and a talk with Stuart Gordon. Since i had not seen Robojox  and was interested in hearing the guest I'd guess my group decided to take a very late meal.

IP Logged

Reply #121 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:34pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:15pm:
I just thought you may have missed that we had shown it. It was a LONG time ago. Keep the posts coming.  Smiley  Smiley

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:45pm:
L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:48pm:
da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:07pm:
FRANKENSTEIN (1931)..... Never seen it on a big screen and have not seen it in years. If nothing else it'll make me get even more jokes next time I watch Young Frankenstein....

RE-ANIMATOR....... Bound to be fun with the marathoid crowd. Haven't seen it since the original release.

RE: FRANKENSTEIN - actually there isn't as much spoofed in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN from this, the 1932 original, as from BRIDE or SON.

RE: RE-ANIMATOR - Didn't you watch this at SF/16 in 1991 - some 5 years after it's "original release"?

Ut-oh somebody fell asleep or was out dining......

And you guys wonder why there ain't more people commenting here.
Looking back at the schedule I'd say most likely it was a late dinner that caused me to miss it.
It was preceded by Robojox and a talk with Stuart Gordon. Since i had not seen Robojox  and was interested in hearing the guest I'd guess my group decided to take a very late meal.

Sounds right.  Believe I have gone through worse moments where I imagine a movie played at the thon, sure of it in fact, only to check the schedules and find out that I was wrong.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #122 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:38am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Not since SF3 am I going to sit through more than 1 or 2 movies that I have never seen and a bunch that I have not seen in some time.  I have not been this psyched over the thon in some time.  Of course, it makes picking a nap time more difficult.  I am hoping, purely for selfish reasons, that Frankenstein plays at the right time for a nap......

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #123 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:50pm

Brendan   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks
Brookline NH

It's a pretty good list of films. I'm looking forward to seeing 'Paul' at the Thon; primarily to see the audience's reactions. I saw it before with several Sci Fi fans and we were all laughing at different in-jokes.

IP Logged

Reply #124 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:28pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Brendan wrote on Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:50pm:
It's a pretty good list of films. I'm looking forward to seeing 'Paul' at the Thon; primarily to see the audience's reactions. I saw it before with several Sci Fi fans and we were all laughing at different in-jokes.

Thanks for chiming in Brendan - hope you continue to do so. I look forward to PAUL with this audience as well - it seems tailor made.

IP Logged

Reply #125 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 8:05am

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:28pm:
Brendan wrote on Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:50pm:

Thanks for chiming in Brendan - hope you continue to do so. I look forward to PAUL with this audience as well - it seems tailor made.

I really liked Paul,saw it on cable and thought it would be great for the 'thon.

IP Logged

Reply #126 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 4:42pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

I am really looking forward to this too.  I missed it on initial release and have avoided it on cable since it was announced.  It seems to be the perfect thon movie.

IP Logged

Reply #127 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 8:23pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Okay, now we're getting an indication of the order the films will be run in, time to make some plans.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes- Opening film, well guess I will be watching it again.
Brainstorm- Good placement, no prob with seeing it.
Endhiran- Looking forward to this, I estimate it'll be around 7pm when it ends.
War of the Satellites. Very short, just over an hour and since I have not seen it before.
Dimensions- which will make this my dinner break film. Apologies to the makers of the film. Timing is everything.
Attack the Block- should keep the crowd up.
Island of Lost Souls- worth staying awake for, definitely.
Scanners- missed this on my first posting. Likely the head explosion at the beginning will wake up everyone. After that who knows.
Frankenstein- after midnight? Tough sledding but may be fun.
Re-Animator- may still be awake for this.
Cowboy Bebop- almost 2 hrs long? I sense nap time.
Paul- really want to see this
Mission Galactica- will take it's toll of the survivors, but it is a rare film to see, in this form at least.

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2012 at 8:13am by da_Bunnyman »  

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #128 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:57pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

One thing I'm curious about - how new is the print of Frankenstein?  It's one of the movies that Universal has supposedly restored and struck new prints of for their 100th anniversary this year, but I suspect that we would have heard some mention of it if we were getting one of the new prints (although DtP may have more to say once the print is actually in his hands this week).

IP Logged

Reply #129 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 12:36pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The restorations were just announced, so they probably aren't done yet. It's probably the same print that played at the Somerville around Halloween. Likely the previous restoration that was done about 1999. It looked pretty good then.

Jay Seaver wrote on Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:57pm:
One thing I'm curious about - how new is the print of Frankenstein?  It's one of the movies that Universal has supposedly restored and struck new prints of for their 100th anniversary this year, but I suspect that we would have heard some mention of it if we were getting one of the new prints (although DtP may have more to say once the print is actually in his hands this week).

IP Logged

Reply #130 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 1:51pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Yea, it's the same print that played here in October atHalloween.

IP Logged

Reply #131 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:51pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

i predict mass exodus for cylon attack if it is the final film. maybe it's by design.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #132 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:56pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I wouldn't be so sure that's actual running order.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #133 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 10:18pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

Caleb451 wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:56pm:

I sure hope not, ending with Galactica would be lame.
And what's all this talk about "dinner breaks"? In 31 years I have never left the theater for any reason other than to go home!

IP Logged

Reply #134 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 10:48pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

Dinsdale wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 10:18pm:
Caleb451 wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:56pm:

I sure hope not, ending with Galactica would be lame.
And what's all this talk about "dinner breaks"? In 31 years I have never left the theater for any reason other than to go home!

personally i enjoy combining the simultanious pleasures of eating, watching science fiction movies and getting high on caffiene into one huge self indulgent seratonin rich extravaganza.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10