WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

star trek 2. may 2013 (Read 5151 times)
Dec 21st, 2011 at 3:52pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 1:53am

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

If this one is twice as good as its miserable predecessor, that would still leave it well into the Negative Zone.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 8:13am

kirok   Offline
God Member

boardwise you're in a minority of one in putting star trek 1 deep in the negative zone.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:35pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

kirok wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 8:13am:
boardwise you're in a minority of one in putting star trek 1 deep in the negative zone.

I usually find myself in a minority of one, & not just on this board.  Work a job that allows you to view the same movie scores of times, & you, too, may find yourself in a similar position.
     Which doesnt alter the fact that the latest rev of Star Trek was a hyperventilating waste of time which has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual Star Trek: you know, the TV series that had a point of view, characters who were not one-dimensional pastiches, and stories which were sometimes pretty damned intelligent.  I expect the new movie to be equally lacking these attributes; but dont worry: there will be action galore, lots of SFX, coloured lights flashing in your eyes, & no discernible plot, so you should be with the easily satisfied majority on this as well.
     Just like the new Bond movies have only the name "Bond" to link them to the old (and mostly better) Bond movies,  only someone who willfully refuses to remember what it was about the original series that made it good in the first place could enjoy whats being done to it.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 12:46am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

The Negative Zone? Blastaar, the Living Bomburst and Annihilus are going to be in ST2?  Cool beans!!!!

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged