WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
My Fantasy Marathon for 2012 (Read 21879 times)
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 12:56pm

G.I. Joe   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Fightin' for a better
Marathon

Glad to see the board back and runnin'.

My fantasy is just to see the Marathon back year after year!

Wink

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:21am

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I think it's time to show Attack of the Mushroom People (the original silent version).

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I'd like to add The Incredible Melting Man to my list to pad out the schlock portion of our event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc6pGJZ8Xd4

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 12:13am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I wouldn't mind a re-visit to one of my favorite Marathon schlock entries, myself. INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN hasn't played since SF/6! A young Rick Baker did the make-up sfx.

The film was long M.I.A. on DVD only recently showing up as a burn on demand item from MGM. So, finding a legit 35mm print would be unlikely. I have heard of the possibility private prints out there...

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 7:53am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

The exact translation of the |Spanish title is The Incredible Man Who Melts (not quite the same punch). 
It's basically a pastiche of the 1959 sci-fi movie First Man into Space (never shown at the thon)starring Marshall Thompson (about an astronaut who comes back from a test flight badly disfigured with a need for blood to survive) and The Creeping Unknown (aka The Quatermass Xperiment) starring Brian Donlevy (Which has played the thon - SF 6 along with Melting Man).

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:09pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

V For Vendetta
The Day The Earth Caught Fire
The Tenth Victim
Mysterious Island (1962)
Dark City
Aliens
The Time Machine (1960)
Matango
Battle Beyond the Stars
Gattaca
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Andromeda Strain
The Time Travelers
World Without End
First Men In The Moon
Fail Safe
Fiend Without A Face
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
The Hidden
The Dead Zone
The Blood of Heroes
Sunshine

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:34pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Frank wrote on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:09pm:
V For Vendetta
The Day The Earth Caught Fire
The Tenth Victim
Mysterious Island (1962)
Dark City
Aliens
The Time Machine (1960)
Matango
Battle Beyond the Stars
Gattaca
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Andromeda Strain
The Time Travelers
World Without End
First Men In The Moon
Fail Safe
Fiend Without A Face
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
The Hidden
The Dead Zone
The Blood of Heroes
Sunshine

Matango is the only one your list I've never seen and know nothing about.

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 10:13pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

Perhaps you know Matango by it's American name, Attack of the Mushroom People.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Dec 31st, 2011 at 1:41pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

METROPOLIS - A final definitive cut with ALL the original footage in 35mm cued up to the full original musical cue sheets!

A.I. - Directed by Stanley Kubrick

2001 - The original roadshow edition before it was cut, and in true Cinerama!

DUNE - Directed by EL TOPO's Jodorowsky. His original designer was ALIEN's H.R. Giger and writer was that same film's Dan O'Bannon.

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE 3RD KIND - A version that encompasses all of the original theatrical cut plus all the stuff from the Special Edition Without the ending. In 70mm to boot.

All 3 STAR WARS prequels - But, made in the late-70s & early-80's before CGI and all the "re-thinking" that Lucas did in the interim.

BLADE RUNNER - The workprint cut completely finalized, post-production edited, the narration smoothed out, music finished etc etc

ALTERED STATES - As Directed by Arthur Penn and originally written by Paddy Chayefsky with Special Effects by John Dyskstra (STAR WARS). Penn was fired during prep.

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956) - A definitive Director's cut by Don Siegel without the epilogue and narration.

ALIEN 3 - As originally written by and directed by Vincent Ward (WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, THE NAVIGATOR)

Finally, a Marathon season where ALL the films (save for maybe a "Premiere" or 2) is announced by Christmas!

...hey, it's says "My Fantasy Marathon"!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Dec 31st, 2011 at 4:28pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Dec 31st, 2011 at 1:41pm:
METROPOLIS - A final definitive cut with ALL the original footage in 35mm cued up to the full original musical cue sheets!

A.I. - Directed by Stanley Kubrick

2001 - The original roadshow edition before it was cut, and in true Cinerama!

DUNE - Directed by EL TOPO's Jodorowsky. His original designer was ALIEN's H.R. Giger and writer was that same film's Dan O'Bannon.

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE 3RD KIND - A version that encompasses all of the original theatrical cut plus all the stuff from the Special Edition Without the ending. In 70mm to boot.

All 3 STAR WARS prequels - But, made in the late-70s & early-80's before CGI and all the "re-thinking" that Lucas did in the interim.

BLADE RUNNER - The workprint cut completely finalized, post-production edited, the narration smoothed out, music finished etc etc

ALTERED STATES - As Directed by Arthur Penn and originally written by Paddy Chayefsky with Special Effects by John Dyskstra (STAR WARS). Penn was fired during prep.

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956) - A definitive Director's cut by Don Siegel without the epilogue and narration.

ALIEN 3 - As originally written by and directed by Vincent Ward (WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, THE NAVIGATOR)

Finally, a Marathon season where ALL the films (save for maybe a "Premiere" or 2) is announced by Christmas!

...hey, it's says "My Fantasy Marathon"!!!!

Interesting list.  I could sit through MOST of your fantasy line-up.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 1:49pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

If it's MY FANTASY line-up and I don;t have to give thought to popularity this would be it for me.

Mysterious Island 1962
The Time Machine 1960
Clossus, the Forbin Project
Soylent Green
V For Vendetta
The Empire Strikes Back
Bladerunner
Superman 2 Donner cut
The Tenth Victim
Fahrenheit 451
Planeta Bur
Nebo Zovyot
The Iron Giant
Ghost in the Shell

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2