WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
IDEAS for SF/37 Feb.2012: 10th Victim and others (Read 44974 times)
Reply #45 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:38pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Proper place for this discussion.

Like I noted, there are SEVERAL of us looking for that elusive 35mm print of GREEN SLIME. It just doesn't seem to exist. Only 16mm on Film.

There is also NO Blu Ray of GREEN SLIME. It has only recently been made available as a Direct Download DVD or DVD made to order from the Warner Brothers Archive - $10 or $20.

http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Search-Show?q=sl...

IP Logged

Reply #46 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:01pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:38pm:
Proper place for this discussion.

Like I noted, there are SEVERAL of us looking for that elusive 35mm print of GREEN SLIME. It just doesn't seem to exist. Only 16mm on Film.

There is also NO Blu Ray of GREEN SLIME. It has only recently been made available as a Direct Download DVD or DVD made to order from the Warner Brothers Archive - $10 or $20.

http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Search-Show?q=sl...

I am told that it is a nice transfer............. but yes the elusive 35mm.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #47 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 11:24am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Ed Wood's lost film. It's horror but how great a get would this be?  Pilot episode for a propsed series.  "Better than the Twiight Zone". Wishful thinking, I know but I can dream, can't I.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/19/slamdance-final-curtain/

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #48 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:15pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Beautiful Cleveland, Ohio

There are a number of sequels to Duck Dodgers---
In fact there seems to even be one prequel.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Martian Some Marvin toons feature Bugs, some Daffy.
Having seen most of your regular announced lineup, it would take an extraordinary announcement to get me to drive to Boston for your Marathon. However a couple of Marvin cartoons might do it. (Truth in posting. My daughter is in grad school iat BU, so I am intending to head your way soon whatever - - -& I like Marathons.)
Cheers from Cleveland

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged

Reply #49 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:19pm

Metaluna   Offline

pogo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:15pm:
There are a number of sequels to Duck Dodgers---
In fact there seems to even be one prequel.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Martian Some Marvin toons feature Bugs, some Daffy.
Having seen most of your regular announced lineup, it would take an extraordinary announcement to get me to drive to Boston for your Marathon. However a couple of Marvin cartoons might do it. (Truth in posting. My daughter is in grad school iat BU, so I am intending to head your way soon whatever - - -& I like Marathons.)
Cheers from Cleveland

You should join us!

We've had a nearly snowless winter in Boston but it's sure to be lousy weather for that Sunday. It's tradition.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #50 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 10:30pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

I hope that you do join us.  Weather will probably be bad but it will be cozy inside.  It's a great theater with a great staff.  I am the prize guy.  If you come please introduce yourself.

IP Logged

Reply #51 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 7:43pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Please join us,even the worst of 'thons are fun.

IP Logged

Reply #52 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:25pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Beautiful Cleveland, Ohio

Deserting one's spouse over a holiday weekend is a little raw. On the other hand, mentioned the possibility of being in Boston to my 27 year old daughter who ordered me to visit her & attend. Is there any problem getting in the Thon if you don't buy advance tickets?

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged

Reply #53 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:32pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

It has not been a problem.  There are tickets available on Sunday......

IP Logged

Reply #54 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 3:01pm

Metaluna   Offline

pogo wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:25pm:
Deserting one's spouse over a holiday weekend is a little raw.

Hey, at least it's not on Valentine's Day this year.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4