WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
ZARDOZ Official Thread (for Ed Symkus) (Read 46024 times)
Reply #45 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 8:27pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

....speaking of ZARDOZ. New article on the film from England:

Ben Wheatley on Zardoz
The 'Sightseers’ and 'Kill List’ director Ben Wheatley explains why John Boorman’s Seventies sci-fi Zardoz is utterly unbelievable.

Zardoz (1974) has one of the greatest opening sequences of all time. A giant head flies down onto some grassy plains where all these guys are riding on horseback, including Sean Connery. Guns shoot out of the mouth of the huge head at the riders. It’s utterly incredible.

The film is known for the amazing outfit Connery wears as the main character. It was very brave of one of the world’s biggest actors to wear a red mankini with thigh-high boots.

Connery plays the character of Zed totally seriously, and pulls it off with such panache. The film isn’t a spoof – it’s serious, psychedelic science fiction. ...

IP Logged

Reply #46 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:00am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

"Beyond 1984. Beyond 2001. Beyond Love. Beyond Death"

That's a quote from the poster for Zardoz and I remember it without having to look it up online.
I saw it in its original theater release, I read the NOVELIZATION!
MAKE THE VOICES STOP! Or at least stop the scottish accent.

BTW in one of the Simpson's books its revealed Comic Book Guy has a Zardoz head hanging lamp.   Cheesy

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4