WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

THE THING the 3rd (Read 5693 times)
Oct 18th, 2011 at 11:18pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Has anybody seen the new THE THING? Surprised no one has mentioned it so far. The reviews (and box office) have been mediocre at best, but I figured the curious would have checked it out.

Especially so, since this a prequel of sorts to Carpenter's quantumly overrated yet unfathomly beloved 1982 version.

The great version.......

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 11:32pm

Metaluna   Offline

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
Has anybody seen the new THE THING? Surprised no one has mentioned it so far. The reviews (and box office) have been mediocre at best, but I figured the curious would have checked it out.

Especially so, since this a prequel of sorts to Carpenter's quantumly overrated yet unfathomly beloved 1982 version.

The great version.......

[img]

So if the New The Thing is now the New The Thing what do we now call the Previously New The Thing? It's not the Old The Thing because that is a different movie. Undecided

Somebody ask Siri, she will know.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:56am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
So if the New The Thing is now the New The Thing what do we now call the Previously New The Thing? It's not the Old The Thing because that is a different movie.

Unless the box office picks up, the new-thing prequel will be a thing of the past.

Does anybody even remember that there was a fourth Body Snatcher with Nicole Kidman? Or how about the time Humphrey Bogart played a Vampire in "Return of Doctor X"?

"We'll always have Transylvania."

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 2:47pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I'll see it because a friend worked on a bunch of the creature designs, but that's the only reason I'm not waiting for DVD.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 8:57pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

I'll probably take a pass on this incarnation,the reviews have been so negative that I don't have any interest in it.

IP Logged