WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Re: Today's News Stories (Read 260525 times)
Reply #225 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 11:23pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

national examiner reports that james woods is the father of jodie foster's test tube son charlie. they were costars of "contact".

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #226 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:32am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

This test of the Navy's new laser looks a whole lot more devastating than the red streaks that don't do much damage in "Star Wars".

I hope that Kim-Yong-Un is paying attention!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/8/4197316/navy-laser-weapon-deploying-2014-shoots...

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #227 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:01am

Jon   Offline
MA

just saw this and thought, "'Dark Lightning,' what a great movie title!" Cheesy 
http://weather.yahoo.com/dark-lightning-zaps-airline-passengers-radiation-120727...

IP Logged

Reply #228 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 6:55pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
The Atlantic
North Korea Says Tokyo Is Target No. 1

Don't look now, but the birthday of Kim Jong-un's grandfather, Kim Il-Sung, is right around the corner, on Monday, with absurd celebrations and marathons and magic horses all weekend. But nothing would do more poetic justice to North Korea's warped version of history and its "unacceptable" war-mongering rhetoric than to drown one of its oldest enemies in a sea of nuclear flames. Which absurdity will win out?

"North Korea warned Japan Friday that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2013/04/north-korea-targets-tokyo/64163/

This reminds me of a movie. It didn't end well.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #229 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:03pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Big sad day in Boston. Hard to believe. I'm sure many of us have been at or near the finish line at past races. Just be thankful it was at the other Marathon.

IP Logged

Reply #230 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:49pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:03pm:
Big sad day in Boston. Hard to believe. I'm sure many of us have been at or near the finish line at past races. Just be thankful it was at the other Marathon.

Odd coincidence that we were talking about the old Paris Cinema a few days ago. It was just down the street from where the explosion happened. The marathon used to end almost across the street from it years ago when I worked there.
Truly an insane evil act of terror.

Just noticed the post before yours mentioning what the date represents to North Korea. That really scares me.   

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #231 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 11:18pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

da_Bunnyman wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:49pm:
Truly an insane evil act of terror.

You mean like dropping hellfire missiles from drones almost every week & killing innocent people?  Innocent children?  At funerals?  In restaurants?  You mean like that?
     Or maybe you mean kidnapping innocent Muslims & torturing them to death in black sites?  Maybe you mean that?
     You cant complain.  I cant complain.  None of us can complain if any of the violence we commit every day across the globe comes home.
     I mean, you can, but youll sound like a hypocrite when you do.

Quote:
Just noticed the post before yours mentioning what the date represents to North Korea. That really scares me.

Oh, grow the hell up.  This will turn out to be another domestic attack, you wait & see.
     You might recall that all the idiots were shouting about the "terrorists" when the Murrah Building went up.  And how accurate were they again?
     This was a horrible thing.  I'm very familiar with that street.  I saw a lot of the videos & it's just hideous.
     But we all better get used to it, because you can bet theres more coming.  And seeing as the bozos in Congress cant even pass a few simple gun laws, you can wait till hell freezes over for something intelligent to be done.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #232 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 3:43pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

clarify.which is it dave? payback from al qaeda for drone attacks or a domestic terror attack.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #233 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 1:08pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Suspected Ricin Bomber and Elvis Impersonator Paul Kevin Curtis has been released.

Quote:
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — The Mississippi man charged with sending poisoned letters to President Barack Obama, a U.S. senator and a state judge was released from jail on Tuesday, federal official said, though the reason for the release wasn't immediately clear.

Jeff Woodfin, chief deputy with the U.S. Marshals Service in Oxford, Miss., said Paul Kevin Curtis has been released from custody. Woodfin said he doesn't know if there were any conditions on the release.

The development comes hours after officials canceled a detention and preliminary hearing without explaining the reason for the change.

He's a free-bird!

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #234 - May 4th, 2013 at 11:06am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

IP Logged

Reply #235 - May 4th, 2013 at 4:47pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

how about some live tweets? did i say that right? live reactions to "safety not guaranteed" would be nice.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #236 - May 15th, 2013 at 10:27am

Jon   Offline
MA

IP Logged

Reply #237 - May 19th, 2013 at 8:14am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

"Phase IV" for real?
Shocked

'Crazy' Ants Driving Out Fire Ants in Southeast

"When you talk to folks who live in the invaded areas, they tell you they want their fire ants back," ...Crazy ants, on the other hand, "go everywhere," invading homes and nesting in walls and crawlspaces, even damaging electrical equipment by swarming inside appliances...In areas with crazy ants, the researchers also found greatly diminished numbers of native ant species, according to the study.
Full story:
http://news.yahoo.com/crazy-ants-driving-fire-ants-southeast-235504911.html

Are you freaking out? Shocked How about "Zombie Ants":

How Zombie Ants Lose Their Minds.

"New gruesome details have emerged explaining how a parasitic fungus manipulates an unfortunate ant, filling its head with fungal cells and changing its muscles so the ant can grab a leaf in a death grip just when and where the fungus wants it. "

http://www.livescience.com/14064-zombie-ant-fungus-parasite.html

Gallery of infected Zombie Ants:
http://www.livescience.com/13045-zombie-ants-fungi-photo-gallery.html

Scenes are graphic and shocking if you're an ant! Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #238 - May 19th, 2013 at 2:21pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

There's a documentary which just debuted at Cannes about Alejandro Jodorowsky's (El Topo) failed attempt in 1975 to make DUNE. Interesting tidbits in this review about how some of the stuff developed for that film directly influenced the look of ALIEN, and, maybe, THE FIFTH ELEMENT:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/jodorowskys-dune-cannes-review-525204

http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews/cannes-film-review-jodorowskys-dune-1200483...

IP Logged

Reply #239 - May 28th, 2013 at 3:08pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Massachusetts auditor finds more than 1,000 dead people on welfare

The state Department of Transitional Assistance, which is charged with administering the benefits, told the state auditor almost a year ago that it was already in the process of addressing the issues, including comparing its list of welfare recipients to the Social Security Administration’s master list of dead people in July 2012 so it could end benefits to people who have died.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05/28/massachusetts-auditor-finds-more-than...

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20